Application PDF file
Terms of Entry PDF file
WHAT ARE THE SUBMISSION DATES & FEES FOR THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL?
February 1 - February 28, 2015 -- Pay What You Can* (shorts & features)
March 1 - May 10, 2015 -- $25USD (shorts & features)
May 11 - June 30, 2015 -- $50USD (shorts & features)
July 1 - July 31, 2014 -- $75USD (shorts & features)
August 1 - August 15, 2015 -- $100USD (shorts & features)
* "Pay What You Can" means pay whatever you like, including nothing. If you pay little or nothing, we request that you do something additional that is of your own choosing, inexpensive, and helps promote the festival. This could include, for example, “liking” the festival on Facebook, or perhaps distributing some useful information or praise via Twitter. We ask filmmakers to limit their PWYC submissions to no more than two (2).
WHEN IS THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL?
The 15th Annual Valley Film Festival is tentatively scheduled for October 21-25, 2015.
WHERE IS THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL?
The 2015 Valley Film Festival will be held at the all digital Laemmle NoHo7, in the heart of NoHo, on Lankershim Blvd.
WHERE CAN I GET THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL SUBMISSION APPLICATION?
There are two ways of getting your hands on an application:
1.) Download application: Application PDF file off the website
2.) Email us at email@example.com
3.) Send a self addressed stamped envelope to:The Valley Film Festival
P.O. Box 2029
North Hollywood, CA 91610
WHERE DO I SEND MY COMPLETED SUBMISSION PACKAGE*?The Valley Film Festival
P.O. Box 2029
North Hollywood, CA 91610 - USA
All checks or money orders in U.S. dollars only and made payable to: COMMUNITY PARTNERS FOR THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL
All international submissions must clearly mark "NO COMMERCIAL VALUE" on the
outside of package(s).
*For overnight and messenger deliveries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
IN WHAT FORMAT SHOULD I SUBMIT MY FILM?
If submitting a DVD, it must be formatted for Region 0 (NTSC) or Region 1. We also accept Vimeo submissions made through Festhome.com. Whether submitting a disc or a link, you must also include a separate disc, or link, with an HD quality Quicktime .MOV file (1080p, 23.98 FPS 1, codec H.264) Please do not send The Valley Film Festival your master.
WHAT MATERIALS SHOULD I INCLUDE WITH MY SUBMISSION?
Submission packages should include:
- ONE (1) DVD - Region 0 (NTSC) or Region 1. (Please make sure the full title of film, total running time & contact information is on the face of the DVD disc.)
- ONE (1) HD Quality QT .MOV disc: 1080p, 23.98 FPS 1, codec H.264
- ONE (1) completed application per film. Please compete the entire form. Really, we need the information. Thank you!
- Check or money order, for appropriate fee, per film, made payable to COMMUNITY PARTNERS FBO THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL (to pay by credit card, please contact VFF at email@example.com for secure link)
- A one-page synopsis of film, key cast & crew. (Please do not include a traditional press kit at this time. If more information is needed, we will contact you. This cuts down on printing/ postage costs for the filmmaker and keeps our offices clutter free!
DOES THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL HAVE AN AWARDS COMPETITION?
Yes, the "Ten Degrees Hotter" award is bestowed on one short and one feature from our competitive section, as chosen by our panel of judges.
Additionally, an award is given to short films, in the non-competitive section, as chosen by the audience.
HOW MANY FILMS WILL THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL PROGRAM?
The Valley Film Festival's general programming policy is to showcase, at the very most, eight short & eight feature films in the "Ten Degrees Hotter" competitive program.
WHAT TYPES/GENRES OF FILMS DOES THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL SCREEN?
The Valley Film Festival screens everything from music videos to feature length narratives, and everything in between. If you're unsure whether or not your film fits our programming, please look through our archives to see the types of films we've screened in the past.
WHAT FORMATS WILL THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL SCREEN DURING THE FESTIVAL?
DCP and Blu-ray
IF MY FILM IS ACCEPTED INTO THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL, WILL (818)/THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL PAY FOR MY PLANE TICKET/TRAVEL/LODGING?
No. The Valley Film Festival is a not-for-profit organization struggling to stake its claim in the world of cultural grants. We rely on individual donations and the thinning bank account of our founder. Perhaps one day we will be able to compensate the travel expenses of filmmakers, but for now we can only make suggestions on where to fly into and cool, inexpensive places to stay.
IF MY FILM IS ACCEPTED INTO THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL, WILL (818)/THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL PAY FOR SHIPPING AND INSURANCE?
No. The entrant will be responsible for ALL SHIPPING FEES. The Valley Film Festival cannot be held liable for print/video materials which may be lost or damaged in the shipping to/from and during festival.
HOW WILL THE VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL KEEP ME UPDATED IN ANY CHANGES ON SUBMISSION, FESTIVAL & SCREENING DATES AS WELL AS FESTIVAL PROCEDURES?
The Valley Film Festival will communicate any changes to festival programming policy primarily through your e-mail address.
If you do not have an e-mail address, we will contact you via the telephone number provided.
If you should move, change e-mail addresses or telephone numbers, you MUST inform us of your new information.
Additionally you can learn about new policies and general festival updates from our website.